1. How did you guys get started as a band?
Me (Louis) and Chris have been playing in bands for fun together since we were in middle school. Around almost 3 years ago we both decided that we wanted to start making something that had hole hearted meaning behind it, something we could take seriously, and something we could devote most of our time too. Mason and Danny both came to us after their previous bands had broken up. Everything fell perfectly in to place and here we are!
2. Are their any bands that your fans would be surprised that you listen to?
A lot of people don’t know this but Danny’s old band was actually a Post Hardcore/Metal band, so he actually has a lot of heavier music as an influence. But as a group we all listen to basically every genre of music you can think of. I am sure a lot of people would be surprised at some of the things on our playlists.
3. What is your favorite memory from any show you’ve played?Playing Warped Tour last year has definitely got to be the best show we’ve played for yet. It was a dream come true in it self to be able to say we were there, but the crowd we played for, the friends we made, and the money we made on merchandise definitely topped it off for us.
4. If you were having a movie made about your life, who would you want to play you?Johnny Depp would play Chris. Brad Pitt would play me. Tom Cruise would play Danny. And Justin Bieber would play Mason.
5. Do you guys have a specific process when you’re writing your music?There is definitely no set process, we don’t like to force anything. We all have creative input when it comes to song writing, and all of our songs go through many many stages of demoing and re-demoing before we finally get to a point where we think the song is perfect. A song can take months to be completely finished.
6. If you could have any super power what would it be?I want to be spider man, he is the coolest super hero in my opinion.
7. If you could put together your ideal tour lineup who would it feature?A dream come true would be open up a tour for Blink 182. I think a more realistic idea would be for us to be on tour with some of our favorite bands like The Dangerous Summer, Fireworks, Motion City Soundtrack, just to name a few.
8. How did you come up with the name for your band?We wanted to have a name that had meaning, and not just a fancy sounding name. Dear you, to us, is a reminder for us to stay true to ourselves as musicians and as people. It is basically like precursor to ourselves like, “Dear You, this is who we are.”
9. What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you in front of a girl?I am such an awkward individual I think there is too many situations to pick from.
10. How has being in Dear You changed you?It has definitely changed me and my life in so many ways. It makes me want to be better as a musician and as a songwriter. It has made me focus more on the business aspect of the music industry and it has challenged me to make something that is very important to me better with every single day.
11. What are your main goals as a band that you hope to accomplish in the future?To continue to write more and better songs, and grow as a band musically. To tour and meet new friends as much as we possibly can, and to just make Dear You as big as we can possibly make it. We can’t wait for the future.
Here’s the lyric video for their song with AJ Perdomo: http://youtu.be/jkv4EFcHnfE